A beautifully struck Tumisang Orebonye goal earned Township Rollers a 1-0 win over Sharps Shooting Stars in a BTC Premiership match played the the National Stadium on Saturday night.
Orebonye displayed great poise to control in the box then strike home a powerful left footed shot that gave the Blues the victory; the first time early season pacesetters Sharps had dropped points.
Rollers now have a even points from three matches after victories over Black Forest and Sharps, with the goalless draw with Jwaneng Galaxy sandwiched between the two wins.
Edwin Moalosi, Tshepo Motlhabankwe, Gape Mohutsiwa and Lemponye Tshireletso were not available for selection owing to injury; Ofentse Nato is also still working his way to full fitness.
Using a 4-3-3 formation, Rollers head coach Nikola Kavazovic picked a starting line up of Wagarre Dikago in goal; Jackson Lesole, Simisani Mathumo, Mosha Gaolaolwe and Thatayaone Ditlhokwe in defence; Kago Monyake, Maano Ditshupo and Motshusi Cooper as the midfield trio; Joel Mogorosi, Segolame Boy and Tumisang Orebonye in attack.
Rollers dominated the match from early on, playing at a quick tempo.
In the tenth minute a free kick floated in by Cooper located Gaolaolwe who headed over Bobby Mathe’s goal.
Soon after Popa got the lead in the 13th minute, after a powerful striker’s goal from Orebonye, who displayed great predator instinct in the box, controlling then hitting a powerful left footed strike into the net.
Rollers varied short passes in midfield with longer balls played into the final third.
In the 36th minute, Orebonye forced Mathe into an acrobatic save with a headed effort.
Late on in the first half Cooper had his effort go just wide of the Sharps goal as Popa took the single goal lead to the half time recess.
Into the second period Boy played in Mogorosi but the Blues’ marksman could not control well in the box.
Ditlhokwe released a good cross deep into the Sharps penalty area, locating Orebonye whose header was deflected away for a corner kick by Mathe.
Minutes later, Dikago had to be alert to save at the feet of the Sharps attack in a rare counter attack by the Old Naledi outfit.
Tshepo Malgas of Sharps also came close, shooting wide of the Rollers goal.
Mogorosi then had two good chances; first a headed attempt that went wide, then after driving the ball into the box shot straight at Mathe.
Galabgwe Moyana was brought on for Monyake as Rollers added fresh legs to the midfield.
Having received the ball from Mogorosi on the left wing, Moyana played a cross into the box but Boy could not properly connect with his headed attempt.
Late on Dikago made a good save as Sharps sought the equaliser.
Ivan Ntege replaced Cooper late on, and while Orebonye came close to a second, it ended 1-0 to Rollers.
Copyright 2018 The Official Township Rollers FC Website. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.rollersfc.com as the source
- Soutenez tous les défenseurs des actes de bienfaisance.
- Cela peut entraîner de longs délais.
- Premier ministre est le chef du gouvernement.
- La carte a engendré une controverse.
- Le plan a généré des opinions variées.
- Les navires opèrent généralement par paires.
- Le contact a été perdu peu de temps après le lancement.
- Le service passagers a été ajouté plus tard.
- La résonance peut provoquer un retour audio.
- Cette lumière reste en service.
- Il n`y a pas de réponse unique.
- Laissez le marquage commencer.
- Ivy est mise dans un train.
- L`ouverture a une forme circulaire.
- Le débat se poursuit sur la question.
- Le prix est remis chaque année.
- La production a ensuite été en tournée.
- Les producteurs de tabac devaient s’adapter.
- Rob est promu à la tête agissante.
- Ce titre est en version imprimée.