Township Rollers start the defence of the Mascom Top 8 crown they won last season with a quarter final first leg match against at Black Forest at the Molepolole Sports Complex on Friday night.
Earlier on this season, Rollers defeated Forest 4-1 at the same venue. But in their past eight official fixtures, Popa have scored just one goal in each match, while keeping five clean sheets. Rollers have generally been dominating teams with possession football and creating the most chances, which makes interim head coach Thabo Motang believe it is a matter of time before the Blues start hitting sides by bigger margins.
“We have been imposing ourselves on opposing sides and creating chances; we don’t just score one goal then sit back,” Motang told rollersfc.com. “But we have been unlucky not to get more than one goal. We do realise we have not been at the right level and are working around the clock to get back to our best; we want to be creating more, we want to be scoring more. We are at a crucial stage of the season; we are at a crossroads, where we need results in the Mascom Top 8, CAF Champions League and to consolidate our leadership on the log. We will respect Black Forest, we cannot say we have done well against them in the past- you are only as good as your last game. We clearly need to get back to our best, and if we do, the Forest game could be an important turning point.”
Rollers who over the weekend travel to Lesotho for the CAF Champions League Preliminary Round return leg against Bantu will mostly have a fit squad to work with.
“Mothusi “Mini” Cooper will be out suspended due to accumulated yellow cards. Edwin Moalosi is back to training after recovering from injury but will still be unavailable as he is working his way back to fitness. Most of the squad will be available for selection, and we will look at selecting a team worthy of getting the result. The Forest match is an important bridge into the next match, so we will need a good result,” Motang said.
Forest have made a stuttering start to their campaign and will hope to ignite their season with a famous win over Rollers, while Popa will look for a reaction after losing to Orapa United in the league and drawing at home to Lesotho’s Bantu in the CAF Champions League.
Rollers have reached five Mascom Top 8 finals since the tournament was established in 2012, winning the inaugural cup against ECCO City Greens in 2012, losing three finals in a row against BDF XI, Gaborone United and Orapa United in 2014-16 before winning the 2018 cup against Orapa.
Copyright 2018 The Official Township Rollers FC Website. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.rollersfc.com as the source
- Soutenez tous les défenseurs des actes de bienfaisance.
- Cela peut entraîner de longs délais.
- Premier ministre est le chef du gouvernement.
- La carte a engendré une controverse.
- Le plan a généré des opinions variées.
- Les navires opèrent généralement par paires.
- Le contact a été perdu peu de temps après le lancement.
- Le service passagers a été ajouté plus tard.
- La résonance peut provoquer un retour audio.
- Cette lumière reste en service.
- Il n`y a pas de réponse unique.
- Laissez le marquage commencer.
- Ivy est mise dans un train.
- L`ouverture a une forme circulaire.
- Le débat se poursuit sur la question.
- Le prix est remis chaque année.
- La production a ensuite été en tournée.
- Les producteurs de tabac devaient s’adapter.
- Rob est promu à la tête agissante.
- Ce titre est en version imprimée.