The National Stadium on Saturday afternoon will be a beehive of activity as an potentially explosive top of the table clash takes place between the two sides that in the top two positions of the BTC Premiership log as Township Rollers play host to Orapa United.
Popa and the Ostriches have over the past few years been engaged in some exciting clashes, and with just three points separating the two sides, there will not be any lack incentive for the two sides to battle hard in this six pointer; and Popa interim head coach looks forward to an interesting match.
“In recent seasons we have found ourselves and Orapa competing for the same honours and as such, matches between the two sides are usually very competitive. We expect more of the same on Saturday. But everyone in our camp understands that when you get to Rollers, you are not lying in some sitting room couch; you are in the kitchen where there is heat- we are used to the pressure. The team is ready. We are not going to prejudge how Orapa will play, but we are prepared for anything they will throw at us. We are not going to change the way we play, we will remain positive,” Motang said.
Tshepo “Talk Talk” Motlhabankwe who developed a calf injury in the midweek match against Miscellaneous will not be available, but Motang will still be able to field a strong squad to face an Orapa side coached by Mogomotsi ‘Teenage’ Mpote, who until a few months back had spent five years in the Rollers technical team.
“This is an important match for us, but we are not going to place everything in this one fixture. We are taking the league one game at a time, every other game is crucial as we build towards our ultimate objective,” Motang said.
Saturday’s match will test Rollers’ credentials as an unbeaten side. Popa have made a great start to their campaign with 32 points after ten wins and two draws in their first 12 games of the 2018-19 league campaign.
Orapa have two defeats this season- to Sharps Shooting Stars and Police XI- and after nine wins and two draws have accumulated 29 points, just three behind Rollers but having played a game more.
Rollers defeated Orapa 4-2 in last season’s Mascom Top 8 final, but the Blues drew 2-2 and lost 2-0 to the Ostriches in the league last campaign. Ironically, Rollers’ last league win over Orapa, a 4-1 victory at the National Stadium in January 2017 came when the Blues were coached by Mpote, who will be on the opposite side of Motang on Saturday.
Copyright 2018 The Official Township Rollers FC Website. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.rollersfc.com as the source
- Soutenez tous les défenseurs des actes de bienfaisance.
- Cela peut entraîner de longs délais.
- Premier ministre est le chef du gouvernement.
- La carte a engendré une controverse.
- Le plan a généré des opinions variées.
- Les navires opèrent généralement par paires.
- Le contact a été perdu peu de temps après le lancement.
- Le service passagers a été ajouté plus tard.
- La résonance peut provoquer un retour audio.
- Cette lumière reste en service.
- Il n`y a pas de réponse unique.
- Laissez le marquage commencer.
- Ivy est mise dans un train.
- L`ouverture a une forme circulaire.
- Le débat se poursuit sur la question.
- Le prix est remis chaque année.
- La production a ensuite été en tournée.
- Les producteurs de tabac devaient s’adapter.
- Rob est promu à la tête agissante.
- Ce titre est en version imprimée.