Delicately poised a one apiece from the first leg at Lobatse last Tuesday night, Township Rollers and Bantu FC complete their CAF Champions League preliminary round tie with the second leg to be played on Tuesday night at the Setsoto Stadium in Maseru.
Rollers traveled to Lesotho at the weekend are making final preparations for the match where, after the 1-1 first leg result, the permutations are such that Popa need either an outright win by any margin, or any draw that has two goals (2-2) or more to advance to the next round.
“After we arrived in Lesotho we had a conditioning session late Sunday afternoon at Setsoto and we will have the last practice session on Monday night at match time,” Motang told rollersfc.com on Monday. “The guys are geared up, we have built experience of playing away in CAF games, remember we played Yanga (Young Africans of Tanzania) in front of their crowd and came up with a positive result. Here I am talking about almost the same team that we have retained, we will not be intimidated by being away, Lesotho is our second home.”
Rollers has a healthy squad to work with in selecting the team to best outsmart Bantu in their own turf, as the two side contest a tie that will decide the team to meet AS Vita in the first round proper; a match which would allow the winner to progress to the lucrative group stages.
The chance to play Vita, who over the weekend lost the CAF Confederation Cup final to Raja Casablanca of Morocco with a 4-3 aggregate scoreline should spur a Popa side who spend 2018 in the same group with eventual Champions League finalists Esperance of Tunisia and Al Ahly of Egypt.
Progressing to the next round would also grant either Rollers or Bantu the chance- if eliminated by Vita- to be one of the 15 teams that would proceed to a Confederations Cup playoff round to reach the group stage of that competition, which this year has exciting sides such as Zamalek of Egypt and Kaizer Chiefs of South Africa.
But elimination in Setsoto would mean the end of CAF Competition for another year, so it will be up to who between the Botswana and Lesotho champions wants in more on the night.
Copyright 2018 The Official Township Rollers FC Website. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.rollersfc.com as the source
- Lexical Choices May Frame Speaker Affect.
- Buy A Breeding Structure To Use.
- Sharp Got Some Stage Work.
- Guardsman Is A Military Rank.
- Harmonic Parallelism May Suggest Bichords.
- Students Must Answer Questions In Order.
- Transplantation Is A Simple Process.
- The Repair Shops Were Ruined.
- This Ambitious Schedule Proved Untenable.
- The Project Was Soon Abandoned.
- However This Boom Was Brief.
- A Terracotta Head Exists.
- The Show Was Panned By Critics.
- Research Continues More Boldly.
- There Are Currently No Service Areas.
- Mostly Found Sporadic Permafrost.
- At The Time Of This Writing.
- The Master Then Complied.
- The Idea Matured For Some Time.