Sunday afternoon will see Township Rollers host BR Highlanders at the Molepolole Sports Complex in a BTC Premiership fixture where the Blues will hope to stamp their authority over a side which has proved a tricky opponent in the recent past.
The last time Rollers defeated Highlanders, it was a resounding 7-0 league triumph on August 30 2014 at Selibe Phikwe. Since then the two sides have met three times with Highlanders defeating Rollers 3-1 (March 18 2015, Serowe) and 2-1 (January 23, 2016 Molepolole), with a 1-1 draw (August 28 2015 Molepolole) sandwiched between the two wins for the Mahalapye side.
Relegated at the end of the 2015-16 campaign, Highlanders are now back to top flight football and Rollers interim head coach Thabo Motang wants his troops to take the game to their opponents and have a decisive win in Molepolole.
“The perception out there is that Rollers tends to struggle against BR Highlanders and the statistics indeed show that they have done well against us in the past few games,” Motang told rollersfc.com on Friday. “Even when they don’t do well generally, when they play Rollers it tends to be a different ball game, so we expect more of the same; that they will raise their game on Sunday. We will respect them, but at Rollers we always try to be a step ahead of our opponents. We have been working on our own game, our team has been creating chances but not converting enough, and that is an area we are working on. Of cause what is important is that we are winning and three points are getting into the bag, but we want to be more clinical in front of goal.”
Rollers will welcome back Tumisang “Teenage” Orebonye from one day match suspension owing to accumulated yellow cards; the exciting forward missed the Blues’ 1-0 midweek win over Security Systems.
“Kago Monyake is still out through injury but we will have Orebonye back to give us options in attack. I am pleased with the general attitude of the players in training this week; the morale, the mood is coming up well for this game. The past two games we have played, especially the first one (the 1-1 draw against Mochudi Centre Chiefs last Saturday night at UB), emotions were high, but what we need is to calm down, be composed, play our normal game,” Motang said.
After initially managing just two points in their first six matches, Highlanders are now settling into premier league football, having achieved morale boosting victories in their past two league matches against Prisons XI and Security Systems
With two wins, two draws and four losses, Highlanders enter the weekend on position ten on the log with eight points.
Rollers have 23 points accumulated from seven wins and two draws, and will want to continue setting the pace at the top of the log.
Copyright 2018 The Official Township Rollers FC Website. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.rollersfc.com as the source
- Soutenez tous les défenseurs des actes de bienfaisance.
- Cela peut entraîner de longs délais.
- Premier ministre est le chef du gouvernement.
- La carte a engendré une controverse.
- Le plan a généré des opinions variées.
- Les navires opèrent généralement par paires.
- Le contact a été perdu peu de temps après le lancement.
- Le service passagers a été ajouté plus tard.
- La résonance peut provoquer un retour audio.
- Cette lumière reste en service.
- Il n`y a pas de réponse unique.
- Laissez le marquage commencer.
- Ivy est mise dans un train.
- L`ouverture a une forme circulaire.
- Le débat se poursuit sur la question.
- Le prix est remis chaque année.
- La production a ensuite été en tournée.
- Les producteurs de tabac devaient s’adapter.
- Rob est promu à la tête agissante.
- Ce titre est en version imprimée.