A brace from Joel Mogorosi and a goal apiece from Lemponye Tshireletso and Bindu Wansindidi Bibo got Township Rollers a 4-2 victory over Sharps Shooting Stars in Molepole on Sunday afternoon.
Sharps started well and got the lead early on through Takunda Sadiki, but Rollers steadily got into the match and got a 39th minute equaliser from Tshireletso.
Mogorosi gave Rollers the lead in first half stoppage time, only for Sharps to win a penalty and convert through Lawrence Ndunga barely two minutes later.
Rollers then secured the 4-2 win through Bibo and Mogorosi in a second half Popa dominated throughout. The Blues keep a four point cushion over second placed Jwaneng Galaxy at the top of the log, with just eight matches left in the league.
Rollers head coach Rodolfo Zapata made two changes to the team that faced Black Forest ten days earlier. Brian Botsang, suspended owing to accumulated yellow cards and the injured Kaone Vanderwesthuizen sat out the match as Ofentse Nato and Lemponye Tshireletso made the team.
Lineup: Kgosipula, Ditshupo, Nato, Gaolaolwe, Ditlhokwe, Ntege (Sikele 45), Orebonye, Boy, Tshireletso, Bibo, Mogorosi (Lesole 86)(Moalosi 71)
Sharps settled well in the early exchanges of the match and took a deserving lead through Takunda Sadiki header in the eleventh minute.
In the 24th minute, a free kick floated in by Boy was nearly turned in by the Sharps defence, but the ball struck the woodwork.
In the 37th minute Bindu Wansindidi Bibo headed just wide as Popa stepped up the attack.
Rollers got the equliser in the 39th minute after a well worked move located Tshireletso who advanced into the 18 yard box before unleashing a shot past Sharps goalkeeper Bobby Mathe.
The Blues thought they got a second a minute later when Tumisang Orebonye crossed the ball into the box with Mogorosi heading past Mathe only for the goal to be ruled out for offside.
A minute into first half stoppage time, Mogorosi duly got scored the Blues second, flicking the ball into the net after an Orebonye assist.
Just as Popa thought they would take the lead into the break, Sharps won a penalty, converted by Lawrence Ndunga to take the match to 2-2 at half time.
At the break Rollers brought on Motsholetsi Sikele for Ntege. Sikele moved to the right back position while Ditshupo, who had started in that berth, was redeployed as a central defensive midfielder.
Bibo got the third for Rollers in the 47th minute to set the right tone for a second half totally dominated by Popa. Just four minutes later, Mogorosi got his second to give Rollers a two goal cushion.
Edwin Moalosi came on for Bibo and later full back Jackson Lesole replaced Mogorosi.
The Blues had numerous chances to bury Sharps under an avelanche of goals, but we’re wasteful in front of goal, and had to contend with the 4-2 win.
Copyright 2019 The Official Township Rollers FC Website. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.rollersfc.com as the source
- Soutenez tous les défenseurs des actes de bienfaisance.
- Cela peut entraîner de longs délais.
- Premier ministre est le chef du gouvernement.
- La carte a engendré une controverse.
- Le plan a généré des opinions variées.
- Les navires opèrent généralement par paires.
- Le contact a été perdu peu de temps après le lancement.
- Le service passagers a été ajouté plus tard.
- La résonance peut provoquer un retour audio.
- Cette lumière reste en service.
- Il n`y a pas de réponse unique.
- Laissez le marquage commencer.
- Ivy est mise dans un train.
- L`ouverture a une forme circulaire.
- Le débat se poursuit sur la question.
- Le prix est remis chaque année.
- La production a ensuite été en tournée.
- Les producteurs de tabac devaient s’adapter.
- Rob est promu à la tête agissante.
- Ce titre est en version imprimée.