Township Rollers on Tuesday night begin their 2018-19 CAF Champions League adventure in Lobatse by facing Lesotho champions Bantu in an all Southern African preliminary round affair.
The Mafeteng based Bantu is affectionately known as “A Mants’o Matebele,” which is the Sesotho equivalent to the Setswana “Matebele a Mantsho,” the same nickname for BDF XI in our local league. This figuratively means “The Black Warriors” and literally “The Black Ndebeles” in reference to the military might of the Matebele warriors who once went marauding past Sotho-Tswana tribes in fleeing from Shaka Zulu’s kraal en route to present day Zimbabwe.
Rollers assistant coach Leutlwetse “Luu” Tshireletso says his team is well primed to face their opponents and while giving Bantu due respect Popa will want to get the right result on Tuesday night.
“It is important for us to do well at home,” Tshireletso told rollersfc.com. “We will want to get the goals while keeping a clean sheet so that we go into the second leg with a good advantage. Bantu is a side which plays good possession football, short passes and they use the wings a lot to play crosses into the box. We will counter their play while imposing ourselves into the match.
Rollers had a training session in Lobatse on Monday to familiarise themselves with the turf, and the Blues technical team will rely on a strong playing contingent to pick from.
“We will be without Galabgwe Moyana and Ofentse Nato, who were both not registered for CAF competition since they were nursing long term injuries during the process of registration. We will only be able to include them if we proceed to the group stages. Edwin Moalosi is also not available though he is registered; he has only started working on physical training after he came back from a long term injury. But all the other players are available and we believe we have enough quality to pick from,” Tshireletso said.
The two sides will meet again next week in Lesotho to determine the team that will meet AS Vita of the Democratic Republic of Congo in the first round proper- a place in the lucrative group stage at stake in that particular tie.
Copyright 2018 The Official Township Rollers FC Website. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.rollersfc.com as the source
- Lexical Choices May Frame Speaker Affect.
- Buy A Breeding Structure To Use.
- Sharp Got Some Stage Work.
- Guardsman Is A Military Rank.
- Harmonic Parallelism May Suggest Bichords.
- Students Must Answer Questions In Order.
- Transplantation Is A Simple Process.
- The Repair Shops Were Ruined.
- This Ambitious Schedule Proved Untenable.
- The Project Was Soon Abandoned.
- However This Boom Was Brief.
- A Terracotta Head Exists.
- The Show Was Panned By Critics.
- Research Continues More Boldly.
- There Are Currently No Service Areas.
- Mostly Found Sporadic Permafrost.
- At The Time Of This Writing.
- The Master Then Complied.
- The Idea Matured For Some Time.