Township Rollers this weekend continue their 2018-19 BTC Premiership campaign by facing early season pacesetters Sharps Shooting Stars, in a match slated for the National Stadium on Saturday night at 19:00.
Sharps surged to the top of the log after gaining managed maximum points in their first three matches against Gaborone United, Mochudi Centre Chiefs and Orapa United, and Popa assistant coach Leutlwetse ‘Luu’ Tshireletso told rollersfc.com that although he expects the opponents to be in good spirits he is confident that Rollers can gain maximum points.
“Sharps has been doing well since the beginning of the season, they must be confident after winning their first three matches against well established teams; it is good for them to have made such a start. But I am very confident that we have more than enough in our team to get the maximum points, the fighting spirit is great, the morale in camp is good,” Tshireletso said.
The Blues won their opening fixture against Black Forest 4-1, before a goalless draw away to Jwaneng Galaxy, and will now aim to force Sharps to drop points their first points of the season.
“Our downfall in our previous league game against Galaxy was finishing; otherwise we created many chances. We have been working on finishing in training and we will enter the match with our normal positive approach of taking the match to our opponents with attacking football, and we aim to go for all the three points,” Tshireletso said.
Popa will miss some key personnel owing to injury; Leutlwetse ‘FC’ Tshireletso, Edwin ‘Moluba’ Moalosi, Tshepo ‘Talk Talk’ Motlhabankwe, Gape ‘Pogba’ Mohutsiwa, while Ofentse ‘Size 10′ Nato is still struggling to reach full fitness.
Rollers attacking duo Joel Mogorosi and Tumisang Orebonye, who scored two goals a piece in the opening match against Black Forest and were quiet a handful against Galaxy in Jwaneng will once more look to put pressure on the opposing backline against Sharps.
Popa, who have played a game less than the other sides owing to recent CAF Champions League commitments, enter the weekend seventh on the log, being one of the top eight sides who are all unbeaten after their first three matches; Rollers and eighth placed Notwane having played two.
Copyright 2018 The Official Township Rollers FC Website. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.rollersfc.com as the source
- Lexical Choices May Frame Speaker Affect.
- Buy A Breeding Structure To Use.
- Sharp Got Some Stage Work.
- Guardsman Is A Military Rank.
- Harmonic Parallelism May Suggest Bichords.
- Students Must Answer Questions In Order.
- Transplantation Is A Simple Process.
- The Repair Shops Were Ruined.
- This Ambitious Schedule Proved Untenable.
- The Project Was Soon Abandoned.
- However This Boom Was Brief.
- A Terracotta Head Exists.
- The Show Was Panned By Critics.
- Research Continues More Boldly.
- There Are Currently No Service Areas.
- Mostly Found Sporadic Permafrost.
- At The Time Of This Writing.
- The Master Then Complied.
- The Idea Matured For Some Time.