A first half Joel Mogorosi header and two second half gosls- a bit of individual brilliance from Kago Monyake and a late Kamogelo Matsabu tap in- secured Township Rollers a 3-0 win over Police XI in a BTC Premiership match played at the UB Stadium on Thursday night.
The Blues dominated their opponents throughout despite some robust play by a combative Jungle Kings side. Popa now ascend to third position on the log with 13 points, a single point less than table toppers Jwaneng Galaxy and second placed BDF XI who both have 14 points but have played a game more than Rollers.
Rollers head coach Nikola Kavazovic kept the same line up from the previous two league encounters against Sharps Shooting Stars and Sankoyo Bush Bucks; Wagarre Dikago, Jackson Lesole, Simisani Mathumo, Mosha Gaolaolwe, Thatayaone Ditlhokwe, Kago Monyake, Maano Ditshupo, Motshusi Cooper, Joel Mogorosi, Segolame Boy and Tumisang Orebonye
In a pacey start to the first half, the two sides played at a high tempo.
Boy had an attempt early on, and minutes later Mogorosi powered into the box but shot wide.
After receiving a wonderful cross field pass Eliphas Nyambi of Police forced a save off Dikago, the Blues last man fisting the ball away.
Reacting to a ball played goalward, Orebonye flipped the ball over the bar with a back header and minutes later, after a fluid Popa move involving Monyake, Mogorosi and Boy, Orebonye tested Jungle Kings goalkeeper Lesego Bosekeng with a low shot.
Thereafter Mogorosi came close as his attempt was blocked by Police defender Tonderai Nyakuba, with Bosekeng getting injured in the ensuing scramble.
Rollers took the lead with a wonderfully worked goal. Orebonye displayed good skill and control on the ball on the edge of the Police 18 yard box; and with the defence in close attention, Orebonye played the ball wide to Cooper whose cross into the box was headed home by Mogorosi to open the Blues account.
Minutes later Boy tested Bosekeng with a long range shot and the Police goal minder had to be alert to save from Orebonye who tried to profit from the rebound.
Next it was Monyake’s turn to test Bosekeng with another well struck attempt; the Jungle Kings goalkeeper equal to the task.
Popa took just the one goal lead into the break.
Rollers kept pushing forward in the second half but Police were more combative in midfield.
Monyake had an attempt go wide, while Boy headed a Cooper cross wide of the Police goal.
It would take a brilliant solo effort by Monyake who went past his marker before beautifully slotting home from close range to make it 2-0 to Rollers.
Police tried to push forward but could not go past the Rollers rearguard.
Towards the end, Rollers turned on the party tricks with a display of some silky skills. Popa displayed good game management in the middle of the park to see out the result.
At the end, second half substitute Matsabu added the third with a tap in to secure the 3-0 win ahead of the Independence Day holiday weekend.
Copyright 2018 The Official Township Rollers FC Website. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.rollersfc.com as the source
- Soutenez tous les défenseurs des actes de bienfaisance.
- Cela peut entraîner de longs délais.
- Premier ministre est le chef du gouvernement.
- La carte a engendré une controverse.
- Le plan a généré des opinions variées.
- Les navires opèrent généralement par paires.
- Le contact a été perdu peu de temps après le lancement.
- Le service passagers a été ajouté plus tard.
- La résonance peut provoquer un retour audio.
- Cette lumière reste en service.
- Il n`y a pas de réponse unique.
- Laissez le marquage commencer.
- Ivy est mise dans un train.
- L`ouverture a une forme circulaire.
- Le débat se poursuit sur la question.
- Le prix est remis chaque année.
- La production a ensuite été en tournée.
- Les producteurs de tabac devaient s’adapter.
- Rob est promu à la tête agissante.
- Ce titre est en version imprimée.