Township Rollers on Saturday night take on Sankoyo Bush Bucks in the second match of a BTC Premiership double header billed for the National Stadium with Gaborone United and BR Highlanders also in action prior to the Popa-Ngurungu contest.
After two wins and a draw in their first three league matches of the season, the Blues will want to gather further pace against a Sankoyo side that has earned just a single point since the beginning of the 2018-19 campaign.
Rollers assistant coach Leutlwetse “Luu” Tshireletso told rollersfc.com on Friday that he feels Sankoyo could try to raise their game, but still expects Popa to prevail.
“Since the season started Sankoyo have not been doing well. They have struggled, but that just means they will use every game to fight for points to get their season on track. I don’t think this will be a walkover, but I still expect us to do what is necessary to win. We have prepared well, the most important thing is to guard against complacency because that could be the biggest thing that could disturb us on the night. Otherwise the team is looking sharp, and if we focus and get into the right gear we could get a good result,” Tshireletso said.
Ofentse “Size 10″ Nato, Tshepo “Talk Talk” Motlhabankwe and Edwin Moalosi remain unfit and are unavailable for selection, but the rest of the Blues camp has been working through their paces this week and are ready for selection.
“Our approach will remain similar to what people are used to; positive attacking football. We want to carry on with what we have been doing in the past few games but we also want to be more clinical. I encourage the fans to come and watch good football. In Botswana club football we have not been used to double headers, and now here is the chance to watch different teams in action. We need our own fans to be there in numbers at the stadium,” Tshireletso said.
Sankoyo started their season with a draw against Miscellaneous before three loses on the trot against Orapa United, Prisons and Security Systems, a record that has left the Maun based outfit languishing at the bottom of the log.
Rollers have played a game less than most of the other sides, and enter the weekend on seven points after wins over Black Forest and Sharps Shooting Stars, and sandwiched in between those wins, a draw with Jwaneng Galaxy.
Copyright 2018 The Official Township Rollers FC Website. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.rollersfc.com as the source
- Lexical Choices May Frame Speaker Affect.
- Buy A Breeding Structure To Use.
- Sharp Got Some Stage Work.
- Guardsman Is A Military Rank.
- Harmonic Parallelism May Suggest Bichords.
- Students Must Answer Questions In Order.
- Transplantation Is A Simple Process.
- The Repair Shops Were Ruined.
- This Ambitious Schedule Proved Untenable.
- The Project Was Soon Abandoned.
- However This Boom Was Brief.
- A Terracotta Head Exists.
- The Show Was Panned By Critics.
- Research Continues More Boldly.
- There Are Currently No Service Areas.
- Mostly Found Sporadic Permafrost.
- At The Time Of This Writing.
- The Master Then Complied.
- The Idea Matured For Some Time.