One of the oldest rivalries in domestic club football will be renewed on Friday night as Township Rollers and Notwane lock horns in a BTC Premiership match at the Molepolole Sports Complex.
The Blues and Sechaba played to a goalless draw in their last match of 2018 in December, and after dropping further points over the past weekend the two sides will be eager to get back to winning ways, something Rollers assistant coach Leutlwetse Tshireletso feels could inspire his side.
“This is a derby, so you can always expect a tough contest no matter where Notwane are placed on the log,” Tshireletso told rollersfc.com on Thursday. “A lot is at stake. We respect Notwane, but we believe we are the hungrier side, we want the win more because we want to consolidate our position at the top of the log. After dropping points last weekend we really want to get back to winning ways. We have been working on our defensive shape in training this week and we have focused the team on preventing some of our errors. There will be changes to the starting lineup and system.”
Following a trend that has been going on for a few seasons now, Rollers lost the first match of the calendar year after returning from the Christmas break at the weekend to Jwaneng Galaxy. But Tshireletso believes the team has recovered from the defeat and the playing contingent are in the right mental shape to correct the mistakes from that game.
“The players realize they were below par against Galaxy and that we need to put greater effort, they understand the importance of this game, and they have been responding well in training. There is an overall positive mood in our camp, we are motivated to get the right result on Friday night,” Tshireletso said.
With 36 points from 16 games, Rollers top the log entering Match day 17 four points clear of the sides at position two and three- Jwaneng Galaxy and Orapa United. Notwane meanwhile are perched at position 11 with 18 points gathered from their 16 matches.
Kickoff at Molepolole is at 19:00/7 pm.
Copyright 2019 The Official Township Rollers FC Website. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.rollersfc.com as the source
- Soutenez tous les défenseurs des actes de bienfaisance.
- Cela peut entraîner de longs délais.
- Premier ministre est le chef du gouvernement.
- La carte a engendré une controverse.
- Le plan a généré des opinions variées.
- Les navires opèrent généralement par paires.
- Le contact a été perdu peu de temps après le lancement.
- Le service passagers a été ajouté plus tard.
- La résonance peut provoquer un retour audio.
- Cette lumière reste en service.
- Il n`y a pas de réponse unique.
- Laissez le marquage commencer.
- Ivy est mise dans un train.
- L`ouverture a une forme circulaire.
- Le débat se poursuit sur la question.
- Le prix est remis chaque année.
- La production a ensuite été en tournée.
- Les producteurs de tabac devaient s’adapter.
- Rob est promu à la tête agissante.
- Ce titre est en version imprimée.