An 18th minute Joel Mogorosi goal, the seventh of the season for the Popa attacker, gave Township Rollers a 1-0 victory over Miscellaneous in a BTC Premiership match played at the Serowe Sports Complex.
Rollers dominated throughout the 90 minutes and created the most chances on the night, but for yet another match managed to score one while keeping a clean sheet. Miscellaneous goalkeeper Basimanebotlhe Moilwa was brilliant on the night, restricting Popa to just the single goal.
This victory keeps the Blues top of the log on 32 points, after ten wins and two draws in their first 12 league matches; an important top of the table clash against Orapa United coming up at the weekend.
Joel Mogorosi returned to the starting line up as interim head coach Thabo Motang went for a 4-4-2 formation with a diamond shaped midfield of Lemponye Tshireletso just behind the two man strike force of Mogorosi and Tumisang Orebonye; Segolame Boy and Mothusi Cooper in the wider areas of central midfield, and captain Maano Ditshupo in the deep lying anchor role.
There was consistency in the back line selection of fullbacks Jackson Lesole and Thatayaone Ditlhokwe, centre backs Simisani Mathumo and Mosha Gaolaolwe shielding Wagarre Dikago in goal.
From the very first whistle, Rollers dominated the possesion stakes, Cooper once more helping Popa with his crisp passing game. Popa were able to vary long range passes with the normal short passing game in the middle of the park.
After a long ball played into the box by Cooper, Mogorosi nodded home to give Rollers a deserved 18th minute lead.
As Popa pushed on for a second, Maano Ditshupo released a long range effort that tested Miscellaneous goalkeeper Moilwa.
Later, Moilwa was on hand to save from Mogorosi as the Blues stepped up their attacking game.
The match went into the half time recess with Rollers a goal to the good.
Into the second half, Rollers continued being the better side, with Miscellaneous trying in vain to also stamp their authority in the midfield battle.
Moilwa saved off of Mogorosi’s feet in a one on one situation, with Rollers supporters in the Serowe Sports Complex already on their feet in anticipation of another goal. Lesole’s attempt to score the rebound was blocked by the Miscellaneous rearguard.
Later, yet another chance went begging as Moilwa managed to save an attempt from Mathumo.
Motang brought on Kago Monyake for Orebonye, Tshepo Motlhabankwe for Lesole and local lad Bogosi Mfila came on to face his former side, replacing Tshireletso.
Rollers held on for another victory, and will now look forward to the weekend action against second placed Orapa.
Copyright 2018 The Official Township Rollers FC Website. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.rollersfc.com as the source
- Soutenez tous les défenseurs des actes de bienfaisance.
- Cela peut entraîner de longs délais.
- Premier ministre est le chef du gouvernement.
- La carte a engendré une controverse.
- Le plan a généré des opinions variées.
- Les navires opèrent généralement par paires.
- Le contact a été perdu peu de temps après le lancement.
- Le service passagers a été ajouté plus tard.
- La résonance peut provoquer un retour audio.
- Cette lumière reste en service.
- Il n`y a pas de réponse unique.
- Laissez le marquage commencer.
- Ivy est mise dans un train.
- L`ouverture a une forme circulaire.
- Le débat se poursuit sur la question.
- Le prix est remis chaque année.
- La production a ensuite été en tournée.
- Les producteurs de tabac devaient s’adapter.
- Rob est promu à la tête agissante.
- Ce titre est en version imprimée.