A second half Edwin Moalosi goal handed Township Rollers a 1-0 victory over Extension Gunners in an Orange FA Cup Last 16 clash of heavyweights at the Lobatse Sports on Saturday afternoon.
Rollers were the better side in a first half of few chances, but Gunners looked more enterprising in a more attack-minded second half.
But it would be Moalosi with a close range header separating the two sides as Rollers progressed to the quarterfinals.
Rodolfo Zapata made three changes to the starting line up that started the midweek draw with Gaborone United.
Left back Thatayaone Ditlhokwe was suspended owing to accumulated yellow cards, while Joel Mogorosi and Tumisang Orebonye dropped to the bench.
Kgosipula, Sikele, Nato, Gaolaolwe, Vanderwesthuizen, Ditshupo, Cooper, Tshireletso, Boy, Moalosi Bibo
A sunny late Autumn afternoon in Lobatse was conducive for good football.
Rollers and Gunners duly played carpet football, but early on did not carve out goalscoring chances.
After 24 minutes, a ball played into the box by Edwin Moalosi was mishit by the overlapping Mosha Gaolaolwe.
In the 34th minute Lemponye Tshireletso could not control another ball floated into the 18 yard box box by Moalosi.
Minutes later, Keeagile Kgosipula struggled to deal with a long ball played into the Rollers danger zone by Masibusane Zongo. Kgosipula spilled the ball into the path of Gunners forward Lungisani Fanyana who fell under the impact of a Mosha Gaolaolwe tackle and cell to the ground. Fanyana was rather harshly booked for simulation.
The pace of the match picked up towards the end of the first half but the match still went to the break goalless.
As the second half started, Gunners looked bright, taking the game to Rollers.
But it would be Rollers taking the lead in the 65th minute; Moalosi providing the finishing touch with a blow heade after a Popa attacking move to give the Blues the lead.
It was now an open contest, Gunners continuing to push forward, while Popa sought a cushion second.
During a Gunners attack, Fanyana shot over the bar, and later in the 80th minute, Fanyana found the back of the net but was the effort was ruled out for offside.
Rollers in the 64th minute- just a minute before Moalosi’s goal, had brought on Kamogelo Matsabu for Tshireletso and Joel Mogorosi for Bibo.
Gunners spurned another good chance at the death, but Rollers held on for the single goal victory.
Next for the Blues in Prisons XI in the league on Wednesday April 24- with no game in the upcoming Easter weekend due to national team commitments.
Copyright 2019 The Official Township Rollers FC Website. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.rollersfc.com as the source
- Soutenez tous les défenseurs des actes de bienfaisance.
- Cela peut entraîner de longs délais.
- Premier ministre est le chef du gouvernement.
- La carte a engendré une controverse.
- Le plan a généré des opinions variées.
- Les navires opèrent généralement par paires.
- Le contact a été perdu peu de temps après le lancement.
- Le service passagers a été ajouté plus tard.
- La résonance peut provoquer un retour audio.
- Cette lumière reste en service.
- Il n`y a pas de réponse unique.
- Laissez le marquage commencer.
- Ivy est mise dans un train.
- L`ouverture a une forme circulaire.
- Le débat se poursuit sur la question.
- Le prix est remis chaque année.
- La production a ensuite été en tournée.
- Les producteurs de tabac devaient s’adapter.
- Rob est promu à la tête agissante.
- Ce titre est en version imprimée.