An afternoon of electrifying football action awaits football lovers in Lobatse on Saturday afternoon as crowd pullers Township Rollers and Extension Gunners meet in a BTC Premiership match that should produce fireworks.
Mapantsula or ‘Phoko e ntsho ya ga Mma Sabera’ as Gunners are affectionately called by their Peleng diehard supporters play host to Popa in a fixture Rollers assistant coach Leutlwetse “Luu” Tshireletso expects to be as thrilling as previous contests between the two.
“This is a big game…whenever Rollers and Gunners meet it is always a game to write home about,” Tshireletso told rollersfc.com. “It does not matter which position on the log the two teams are, it is normally a highly contested match. Gunners are currently a team with new management, a new coach and on the pitch they are a team that look stronger than last season. We will rely on our own strength; we have just got to the top of the log and we want to maintain that position, so we will be going all out for a win.”
Mothusi “Mini” Cooper, on target for the first time in Popa Blue last Wednesday night with a direct free kick will be facing his former side for the first time since making the switch from Lobatse to Gaborone.
While Gunners will have enjoyed a ten day rest since their last league match against Security Systems last week Wednesday, September 26, Rollers in that period played two matches against Police XI and Prisons XI six days apart, with some Popa players also involved in national team action in between those two fixtures.
“When you have a congestion of fixtures it is always a concern, and ideally this would be a good time to be having players that have been sidelined through injury, such as Tshepo Motlhabankwe, Edwin Moalosi, Ofentse Nato and Lemponye Tshireletso so that they could provide the option of fresh legs. But they are still unavailable and this is not an excuse, we have confidence in the players we have, they have been effective and although we have had limited time after the Police match last Wednesday night, we managed to work on our preparations for the match in training,” Tshireletso said.
With three wins, two losses and a draw, Gunners enter the weekend on position seven with ten points. Rollers enter the Match Day Seven weekend top of the log on 16 points, equal on points with second placed Orapa United, but with Popa having a better goal average and a game in hand.
The Blues are seeking a fifth straight win; after the opening day victory over Black Forest and the goalless draw away to Jwaneng Galaxy, Popa have recorded four wins on the trot against Sharps Shooting Stars, Sankoyo Bush Bucks, Police and Prisons.
Copyright 2018 The Official Township Rollers FC Website. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.rollersfc.com as the source
- Soutenez tous les défenseurs des actes de bienfaisance.
- Cela peut entraîner de longs délais.
- Premier ministre est le chef du gouvernement.
- La carte a engendré une controverse.
- Le plan a généré des opinions variées.
- Les navires opèrent généralement par paires.
- Le contact a été perdu peu de temps après le lancement.
- Le service passagers a été ajouté plus tard.
- La résonance peut provoquer un retour audio.
- Cette lumière reste en service.
- Il n`y a pas de réponse unique.
- Laissez le marquage commencer.
- Ivy est mise dans un train.
- L`ouverture a une forme circulaire.
- Le débat se poursuit sur la question.
- Le prix est remis chaque année.
- La production a ensuite été en tournée.
- Les producteurs de tabac devaient s’adapter.
- Rob est promu à la tête agissante.
- Ce titre est en version imprimée.