A stunning first half Segolame Boy goal struck from well outside the 18 yard box earned Township Rollers a 1-0 win over Gaborone United in a BTC Premiership Gaborone derby played at the National Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Popa dominated most of the afternoon’s play and were full value for the victory. Boy got the decider, his fifth career goal against GU, striking from distance to rattle GU goalkeeper Goitseone Phoko’s goal.
The win keeps Rollers top of the log on 29 points after nine wins and two draws.
Lemponye Tshireletso returned to the starting line up as Benjamin Sarkoh dropped to the bench in the only change to the starting line up from last Sunday’s 1-0 win over BR Highlanders in Molepolole.
Head coach Thabo Motang selected a 4-14-1 formation with a starting line up of Wagarre Dikago in goal; Thatayaone Ditlhokwe, Mosha Gaolaolwe, Simisani Mathumo and Jackson Lesole in defence; captain Ditshupo in the holding role; Motsholetsi Sikele, Mothusi Cooper, Lemponye Tshireletso and Segolame Boy in midfield with Tumisang Orebonye as the sole central striker.
As early as the second minute, Ditlhokwe got on the end of a corner kick footed in by Cooper, but the Popa left back spurned his chance by trying a spectacular volley when a basic tap in would have been sufficient.
Rollers relied on slow build up play with patient passing movement and would unlock the Reds with a spectacular strike from Boy.
Collecting the ball in the middle of the park, Boy advanced forward before unleashing a powerful strike from shot from distance to make it 1-0 to Rollers.
Orebonye tested GU goalkeeper Goitseone Phoko with a low shot in the box after a good interchange with Tshireletso to get into the box; Phoko equalto the task.
After a good Rollers move involving Boy and Tshireletso, the latter spurned a great chance shooting over the bar from close range.
After Rollers took the single goal lead to the break, the second half commenced with Popa once more having the bulk of the possession.
Joel Mogorosi was brought on for Sikele as Motang went for two men upfront.
After a move involving Orebonye and Tshireletso, Boy teed up Mogorosi whose side footed attempt went wide.
Benjamin Sarkoh came on for Tshireletso as more firepower was added to the Blues front line.
Cooper had a late attempt go just wide.
As Rollers saw out the match, Ivan Ntege replaced Orebonye.
The match ended with Popa a goal to the good.
Copyright 2018 The Official Township Rollers FC Website. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.rollersfc.com as the source
- Soutenez tous les défenseurs des actes de bienfaisance.
- Cela peut entraîner de longs délais.
- Premier ministre est le chef du gouvernement.
- La carte a engendré une controverse.
- Le plan a généré des opinions variées.
- Les navires opèrent généralement par paires.
- Le contact a été perdu peu de temps après le lancement.
- Le service passagers a été ajouté plus tard.
- La résonance peut provoquer un retour audio.
- Cette lumière reste en service.
- Il n`y a pas de réponse unique.
- Laissez le marquage commencer.
- Ivy est mise dans un train.
- L`ouverture a une forme circulaire.
- Le débat se poursuit sur la question.
- Le prix est remis chaque année.
- La production a ensuite été en tournée.
- Les producteurs de tabac devaient s’adapter.
- Rob est promu à la tête agissante.
- Ce titre est en version imprimée.